Monday, December 28, 2009

Namaste, My Friend


Good morning! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day today.

We're officially done with all the Christmas festivities and I spent yesterday cleaning. My goodness, Christmas generates a lot of trash! I think I left 6 tons out there for our garbageman today. But DH and the kids spent the day with his family so I actually had a chance to craft and to start thinking about the new year and my resolutions.

Do you have any yet? I'm starting to pile the up like the recyclables outside. My first one is Yoga. My sister has been urging me to give it a try. I had the chance to take a few classes before Thanksgiving and I really enjoyed it -- then the holidays happened and I haven't been since. So, my first resolution is to start up with a Yoga program again.

Have you heard the traditional yoga greeting, Namaste? I think the meaning is just beautiful and wanted to share so here it is:

an ancient Sanskrit greeting still in everyday use in India and especially on the trail in the Nepal Himalaya. Translated roughly, it means "I bow to the God within you", or "The Spirit within me salutes the Spirit in you" - a knowing that we are all made from the same One Divine Consciousness.

For my card today, I used a Michelle Perkett image and colored it with Copics and a generous layer of Copic Spica pens. I paired it with Basic Grey Ambrosia paper, SU Summer Sun cardstock and some lovely red shimmer paper that I actually found in the Christmas section at Target. The tiny rhinestones decorating the dress are from Michaels; the flower is Prima and the big rhinestone brad is from Michaels too. The sketch is by Jana on Michelle's Paper Craft Planet group for Challenge #9.
Well, that's it, so Namaste my friend, and have a great day!

3 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Anjou,i love your papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

Oh my word that image is AWESOME!!!! The perfect color combo for this amazing image...Your coloring is FANTASTIC!!! What a great card!

Michelle said...

Hi Anjou! Thank you for such an amazing entry to our challenge this week! I am so crazy about this card and I just love that you added Namaste to it, its the perfect word for it. I just love this word, too! I am so glad that you are getting back into yoga!:)

Hugs,

Michelle:)